Rumor Thread

Go down

Rumor Thread

Post by Brerik on Sat Aug 19, 2017 9:46 pm

Hey guys, this is the rumor thread! If you find something during exploration, or during down time that would be interesting to follow up on with an adventure, please write it down here so everyone can see and be alerted to it!

Repository of Old Rumors at the time of the creation of this thread :

Steve (Umbro Pisacar)

Gregory l. said:
Kortis: During our mission Corpse in the mists we ran upon a huge ant colony not far from the iron mines. We only notice roughly 20 or so ants but i believe theirs more investigation should be done soon

Following up on this, I want to emphasis the size. This colony seems very threatening if not careful, they appear to function as a single unit. From what our party observed, the ants seemed to be controlled in some sort of hivemind. There were only 1 set of tracks, but they had been stepped on hundreds if not thousands of times by the ants. I worry that if engaged, a single ant might alert the entire colony given this connection. If my hunch is right, 1 ant could immediately turn into dozens, so please proceed with caution. 

Additionally, in the Temple where we found the huge zombie that was attacking the miners, there was some sort of script left behind that we were able to transcribe onto a paper. After using my comprehend languages spell, it appeared it was written in some type of code. I recognized the patterns in the arcane script and was able to roughly translate that it was a type of journal which kept records of a necromancer named Acecerak. From what I could read, it was the initial steps he had been taking in the art of necromancy. From what what I noticed, it had to have been written hundred of years ago. While we are unsure it this has anything to do with the events that took place with the minors, there is a possibility that there is a presence of Vecna out in the wilderness.

N/A

ItsMrDannyjones

As we welcome our new hobgoblin friends. we learn that they was apart of a warlord army that is north possibly either in the northern part of the island or from another nearby island more information will be provided as it comes in.

Open

Leon T. 

During our Cartography mission, while we tried to spend a night within the shade of a 100-ft diameter tree trunk, a storm brew and lightning struck consistently very close to our location. Possibly a druid of some sort, or a guardian, or protector or spirit. We have no idea. But it was definitely not natural...

Personally I think it might be a spirit of the large tree... But then it also sent the tree trunk crashing into the mud and ocean so what do I know

Open

Hunter G.

Leon T. said:
We found an old library of the Seekers, and managed to bring back 20 books, one of which is a dictionary between the ancient language and Elven. Looking for people to translate and transcribe all these books and glean whatever knowledge we can.

From these books we found out that there is "A veritable Eden in a valley, hidden deep within the mountains in the land across the Skybridge, filled with magic and knowledge beyond imagining." and "A shrine to the goddess Umberlee, in the South-East of the land across of the Skybridge. This shrine is built in the form of a crashing wave, 100 feet in height, within the heart of an estuary. Pilgrims once used to make their pilgrimage to this shrine, bringing their offerings to the goddess from all across the land." 

Both Open

Kathy S.

A note is written up on the quest board.

"So, guys, here's the thing. Remember the questionable elf-being mentioned in the second cartography mission report? Yeah, well, he'd /kind/ of entrusted me with a magical evil amulet thing. Trouble is, when we were all taken hostage by gnolls in this last mission, that was stolen too. Somebody should probably go try to get that back, before the damn dogs summon up who knows what otherworldly evil shit onto the prime material plane with it. It's a pretty ornate red cross necklace thing with golden trim and an eye in the middle, so easy enough to recognize. Good luck getting it back.

-Keela"

Open

Nick F. 

"Scouts have noticed heavy goblin activity on Lonepeak island. Not only are the goblins active, but they seem organized (as organized as goblins can be) and even more surprisingly have been seen fighting the hobgoblins.

So far as we've seen Goblins have worked at least loosely with hobgoblins, but now they seem at odds. It appears someone, or something, is organizing them and pitting them against the hobs, and with some success."

Open

Hunter G.

Now that the second island is open I would like to throw out that during the first cartography mission Arosh heard the distinct sound of his Pan Flute from across the ocean meaning that the Kobolds are over there somewhere.

Open

Luc W.

During Cartography, Geoffrey noticed a castle about 10 miles SE of the portal near the river. Not really paying it a lot of attention as he was miserable about the weather ruining his outfit he did not speak up. But after returning the memory came back to him. What was most surprising is that the castle seemed to be in surprisingly good repair.

Open

Kathy S.

Josh said:
a man in humble clothing covered in a layer of dirt, walks into The Drunken Gorgon, keeping his head down he walks up to the mission board and puts up a single sheet of paper before walking out. The paper when read says: "The Umber Hulks have been destroying the crops and terrorizing the local families, We will pay 100gp per Umber Hulk head"

upon seeing the poster a man in a brightly colored red coat walks up to the board and right next to the farmer's post slaps on a large busy poster "Christopher Klonty's Creature Colosseum will pay handsomely for the capture and safe deliverance of certain dangerous beasties. 250 gp for a Umber Hulk, 600 gp for the pair, 700gp for a Hydra"

Open

All Future Rumor Posts should be added to their own thread in the Rumors section.

Brerik
DM

View user profile

Back to top Go down

New Rumors

Post by Moritz on Thu Sep 07, 2017 2:53 am

The green seed buried itself in the soil and at once, a beanstalk started to grow at rapid speed. It took us with it, higher and higher, through layers of clouds. From there we could see another island, even north of Lonepeak, with a desert in the center, a bay to the Southeast, woodlands to the west and mountains to the North.

The giant also identified the two seeds we had left: Baldar’s fiery one probably was the seed of a Fire Tree. Such trees, the giant told us, were friendly in nature, giving off warmth and strengthening all that was forged around it. The purple seed that was in my possession could, according to the giant, really be the seed of a World Tree.
Moritz

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Rumor Thread

Post by Brerik on Tue Sep 12, 2017 5:39 pm

A Poster with the text "Missing Miners after a collapse. Help required to explore new cave system on Sunstrider to find a way to the missing party. Reward of 50 gold per living miner returned to the surface." Is briskly hung upon the doors of the Drunken Gorgon by a short Dwarf who promptly shoves his way back into the center of town.

Brerik
DM

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Rumor Thread

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down